12-Credit Online Graduate Certificate in Accounting Analytics
Whether you have just graduated from college—or you have been working in the accounting field
To get ahead in today’s business world, you must be able to tap into today’s vast amounts of data, producing actionable insights and strategic guidance to support your organization’s key decision makers.
To answer this demand, the UConn School of Business now offers the Advanced Business Certificate in Accounting Analytics. With this innovative professional certificate, students will develop a skillset which enables them to operate with an analytics mindset throughout all accounting fields including audit, tax, financial reporting, forensics and consulting.
The Advanced Business Certificate in Accounting Analytics, offered in a flexible, online format:
- Helps students develop a data mindset, preparing them to interact with data scientists from an accountant’s perspective.
- Enables students to develop the skills necessary to apply modern analytical methods yielding descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive accounting information used for business intelligence.
- Provides extensive hands-on experience with audit, tax, and financial analytical software such as ACL, IDEA, Excel, Hadoop, SAS, CRSP, Compustat, and such visualization software as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
- Focuses on such topics as fintech, cryptocurrencies, unstructured data, web scraping, data extraction, blockchain, visualizations, data modeling, and relational databases.
- Offers five courses from which students choose four depending upon their specific interests and requirements. All courses are taught online.
Accredited and Consistently
A Bachelor's degree is required to apply for the Advanced Business Certificate in Accounting Analytics.
For more information about the program, contact:
Note: The 12-credit certificate may be earned as a standalone professional credential or concurrently as an elective in UConn’s Master of Science in Accounting at no additional expense.